Veterans Day will be celebrated in the Quad Cities on Saturday.
- Hero Street in Silvis will host its annual program, beginning at 10 am.
- Rock Island alderman Dylan Parker and local veterans will meet at the World War I Memorial, along 18th Avenue at Reservoir Park, at 11 am to honor victims of that war, and all veterans.
- the National Cemetery on Arsenal Island will hold its annual ceremony at 1 pm. The keynote speaker will be the commanding general of the Army Sustainment Command, Major General Duane Gamble.
- Bettendorf will host its annual ceremony at 2 pm in Veterans Memorial Park, with guest speaker Colonel Bradley Cook from the Rock Island Arsenal.
- and the Tri-City Jewish Center in Rock Island will host a Veterans Day Service at 6 pm. It will include a showing of the film "True Honor" which tells the story of Jewish soldiers awarded the Medal of Honor.